Singer, Teniola Apata popularly known as Teni Makanaki took to her social media to celebrate her 26 birthday.
Teni who is popularly known for doing covers of songs and freestyles on Instagram, rose to fame with her hit single “Fargin”, a story telling song that caught the attention of music lovers with her unique style of music and good lyrical prowess.
Ever since she had a breakthrough in the Nigerian music industry, she has released a couple of hit songs back to back from Wait, Pareke, Askamaya, Fake Jersey, Case and her recent one ‘Pray’ ft Phyno
As today is her birthday, we’ll like to tell you 10 things you might not know about her:
1. She is the 9th out of 10 Children.
2. She’s originally from Ekiti state and a younger sister to the afro-house singer, Niniola.
3. At the age of 3, she played drums for Buba Marwa, she played for Bola Tinubu when he became governor of Lagos state. She also played for Babatunde Raji Fashola when he was governor.
4. Her biggest influence is King Ayinde Wasiu Marshall.
5. She attended Apata Memorial School Isolo, Lagos and it is owned by her parents.
6. Teniola attended America Intercontinental University, Atlanta, the USA where she bagged a degree in Business Administration and Marketing in 2018.
7. Teni was the one whom wrote Davido’s hit song ‘Like That’.
8. She started music professionally in 2016 with the release of her first single “Amen”.
9. She previously signed to Magic Fingers, a record label owned by ace producer Shizzi and now signed to Dr Dolor Entertainment record label.
10. Teni won the rookie of the year at the 2018 Headies Awards.
The fast rising act share her throwback photo as she turned a year older today, December 23rd, 2018.
To mark her day, she wrote;